On October 22, 1915 ISCO was founded as a mine and industrial supply company in Brazil, Indiana. ISCO was established to fit the needs of the coal mine operations as well as clay, brick and tile companies in Clay and surrounding counties. B.F. Crawford, President, MacMillan H. Johnson Sr., Vice President, James T. Simms, Secretary, and Harley R. Ireland Sr., Treasurer were the original officers of the organization.
In 1924, ISCO expanded their product list to include additional lines of plumbing, heating, and air conditioning products. ISCO went from a small supply company to an ever-expanding business with a growing customer list.
Today the corporation operates as a general line distributor of abrasives and cutting tools, hand and electric tools, safety products, janitorial/sanitation items, general MRO products, pipe, valves, and fittings, industrial and water works supplies, plumbing fixtures, parts, and accessories, hydronics, and miscellaneous industrial supplies.